This forum is dedicated to discussions on Longan governance. Relevant topics include:
- Governance Proposals
- Proposal Discussions
- Delegation Pitches
- Site Feedback
This is not the place for:
- LGAN price discussion
- Generic Longan discussion
- Longan support requests
- Off-topic conversations
If you need technical help, or want a place for more general discussion, visit the official Longan Discord.
If your signal-to-noise ratio gets too low, you will be banned. Moderators will remove posts that are offensive, asking for UNI, or are otherwise irrelevant to this forum.
Welcome to the official Longan Governance Forums!
Below we have provided a template on how to structure your Longan proposals in order to offer a more comprehensive & efficient deliberation process.
- Title: [Enter Proposal Title]
- Author(s): [enter name(s) of associated authors]
- Related Discussions: [paste link here]
- Submission Date: [Enter Date]
- Simple Summary: Give us a TL;DR on your proposal; no more than 2-3 sentences.
- Abstract: Introduce and expand on the proposal. Highlight key points on how the proposal will improve stakeholder/tokenholder experience, protocol performance, and the overall implementation process.
- Motivation: What problems will this proposal address/solve? What’s the value-add?
- Specification & Rationale: Go all-out and explain the rationale & vision for the proposal! How will this affect the protocol both technically, socially, financially (if applicable), and governance-wise?
- Benefits (Pros): Provide benefits as to how the proposal implementation will advance the protocol.
- Downside (Cons): Are there any disadvantages with implementing the proposal?
- Voting: Define what a “yes” and “no” vote entails. If there are any Snapshot votes or forum polls associated with this proposal, please attach it.
For the sake of transparency, accountability, and consensus we would like to structure a cohesive flow that will assist with the transmission of governance proposals, temperature & consensus checks, and high-traction proposals.
Please, provide TLDR update on the top of your proposal so it is more easily accessible
Here is a quick outline of how the governance process works:
- Submit a forum post (Proposal Discussion section.
- Get in touch with Longan Discord Admins to discuss your proposal in a community call and on Twitter Space as well.
- Create another forum post in the Temperature Check section and publish a snapshot (temperature check) vote with 2-5 days voting time. This action requires at least 1K LGAN tokens [delegated or self-delegated]. For the snapshot to be valid, at least 25k LGAN should participate.
- Update the temperature check post incorporating community feedback.
- Publish a snapshot (consensus check).This action requires at least 1K LGAN tokens delegated or self-delegated. The snapshot would be deemed valid if at least 50K LGAN participates
- Escalate the proposal to an on-chain vote. It is required to have at least 2,5M LGAN delegated to do it. Fish.vote gives smaller holders a chance to congregate and gather enough votes to push proposals on-chain.
Stay updated by subscribing to our community bi-weekly newsletter